Tips to Save Money at Old Navy
Since its launch in 1994, Old Navy has become an iconic American brand. The wallet-friendly retailer is one of the few places with clothing for everyone from babies to Baby Boomers, and it’s such a well-liked shopping destination that it was named the second most popular store in the U.S. (tied with Victoria’s Secret) in 2016.
While the store is already known for its bargain prices, there are even more ways to save money there. Make sure you’re getting the best deals possible with these shopping hacks.
1. Register for text alerts. Text “6046” to 653-689 for exclusive offers and discounts. You’ll receive $5 off a $35 purchase right away.
2. Like them on Facebook. Receive notifications of sales and special deals through your Facebook feed. How easy is that?
3. Pay with a Gap Inc. brand credit card. Buy items and earn points, which you can redeem for money off. Here’s how it works: Earn 5 points for every dollar spent at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, and Athleta, and once you reach 500 points, you earn $5 off a purchase.
4. Ask for a price adjustment. If an item goes on sale within 14 days after you’ve purchased it, Old Navy will adjust the price and give you back the difference.
5. Shop the famous $1 flip-flop sale. Mark your calendars: Many stores open early for the one-day event in June, and are often packed with customers.
6. Look for prices ending in $0.47. Clearance tags ending in this number indicate that this is the final markdown, according to The Krazy Coupon Lady. There’s no better deal than this, so scoop it up while you can.
7. Make your way to the outlet store. Yes, there are even better deals to be had. Use their store locator page to find one near you.
8. Look for markdowns on Sunday and Monday. This is when most markdowns occur, according to The Krazy Coupon Lady.
9. Buy trendy pieces. Sure, stocking up on basics is never a bad idea, but any savvy shopper knows that you shouldn’t spend a fortune on pieces that will only be in style for a season. With their relatively low prices, Old Navy is the place to buy something you’ll only wear for a short time.
10. Brave the store on Black Friday. We know this shopping holiday can be a nightmare, but it’s also one of the best days to save big money at Old Navy. Giveaways, deals for early shoppers, and serious sales (oftentimes 50 percent off the entire store) are the norm.
11. Sign up for emails alerts. Join the brand’s digital mailing list and you’ll get a coupon delivered to your inbox right away.
12. Check out the retailer’s coupon page before buying the items in your online shopping cart. The coupons, deals, and promotions page is an easy way to scout out more ways to save.
13. Make it your go-to for seasonal or special event apparel. Fact: You don’t need to spend a ton of money on a festive U.S.A. t-shirt for the Olympics or other apparel you’ll only wear for a few days a year. Each season, your local Old Navy stocks fun clothing that supports your favorite teams, colleges, and holidays.
14. Never buy anything at full price. We don’t necessarily have numbers or facts to back this one up, we just know from experience that patience pays off. Think about it—when isn’t there a sale going on at this store? Make it a goal to wait until an item goes on sale before you buy it, and you’ll never miss out on savings.